COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019)
MCHD is currently administering both the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and booster doses. Please call 419-586-3251, Option 2, to ask questions or schedule an appointment.
Do you have questions or concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine?
These resources may be helpful:
ODH COVID-19 call center: 1-833-427-5634
(Open 9 AM to 8 PM, Seven days a week)
COVID-19 cases in the U.S.: CDC Coronavirus Page
COVID-19 cases in Ohio: ODH COVID-19 Dashboard
COVID-19 vaccination rates in Ohio: ODH COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard
COVID-19 cases in Ohio schools: ODH COVID-19 School Dashboard
To help prevent infection of COVID-19, take the precautions you normally would during cold and flu season:
- Frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others. If you need to see a healthcare provider, call ahead before going.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid crowded indoor places to help reduce the spread of the virus.
- Wear a mask when in indoor public locations to protect themselves and others.