COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019)
MCHD has begun vaccinating members of the Mercer County population who are at high risk of exposure to or severe complications from COVID-19. We are currently in Phase 1a of COVID-19 vaccination, and we expect to transition to Phase 1b as early as mid-January. More information will be shared as it becomes available. Click the links below to see who is eligible to receive the vaccine under phases 1a and 1b.
MCHD is only receiving and administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at this time. See the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet to learn more about this vaccine. Do you have questions or concerns about the new COVID-19 vaccines? These resources may be helpful:
ODH COVID-19 call center: 1-833-427-5634
(Open 9 AM to 8 PM, Seven days a week)
To submit a complaint regarding enforcement of the retail establishment mask order, click here or call the ODH COVID-19 call center at 1-833-427-5634
Local Resources: WHERE DO I GO FOR HELP?
Current numbers of COVID-19 cases in the U.S.: CDC Coronavirus Page
Current numbers of COVID-19 cases in Ohio: ODH Coronovirus Page
To help prevent infection with 2019-nCoV, take the precautions you normally would during cold and flu season:
- Frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others. If you need to see a healthcare provider, call ahead before going.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Use of facemasks
Although we recommend reserving commercially made surgical masks and N95 respirators (face masks) for health care professionals and those who are sick, we are now encouraging people to wear cloth face masks when taking care of essential business in public.