COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019)
Updated March 27, 2020
Current Situation: Mercer County Cases = 2
Latest Mercer County Health District Press Release: Press Release – COVID-19 – Additional Positive Cases_March 26
ODH has established a call center for the public regarding COVID-19 it can be reached at 1-833-427-5634.
Local Resources: COVID-19 Where Do I Go For Help
For up-to-date numbers of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. CDC Coronavirus Page. and Ohio: ODH Coronovirus Page
Please contact the Mercer County Health District before visiting us and with any questions you have: 419-586-3251. Immunizations have been suspended for the present time.
To help prevent infection with 2019-nCoV, take the precautions you normally would during cold and flu season:
- Frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others. If you need to see a healthcare provider, call ahead before going.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Use of facemasks
The CDC is not recommending the use of facemasks (or respirators) among the general public:
- Masks should be reserved for people who are sick to protect others from becoming infected.
- If you have a confirmed or possible case (under investigation) of COVID-19, you should wear a facemask when around other people and before going to a health care provider’s office.
- If you are not able to wear a facemask, people who are in the same room with you should wear one.
- Facemasks should be used once and then thrown away in the trash.
- Masks should be used by health workers and anyone else taking care of a person with confirmed or possible COVID-19.
Previous Press Releases:
Mercer County Health District Press Release – Mercer County COVID-19 positive 3-24-2020 – FINAL
Mercer County Health District – Press Release – Mercer County Collecting Personal Protective Equipment (…
Mercer County Health District – Press Release – COVID-19 – March 16
Mercer County Health District – Press Release – COVID-19 PUI Test Results – March 13
Mercer County Health District – Press Release – COVID-19 – March 12
Mercer County Health District – Press Release – COVID-19 – March 4
Mercer County Health District — Press Release – 2019 Novel Coronavirus